Promptly Questioned

Promptly Questioned
300 questions for the fiction writer to answer

Friday, January 6, 2023

Time To Wake the Priestess

 


Hi, kids. Long time, no...nothing. Yes, once again I went and let this site sit abandoned. It's not that I didn't think about it. It's just that I've gotten so busy with other things, that this one took a backseat. Well, I'm hoping to change that. Check it out.

So, here's what's been going on. The main reason I haven't done anything here since October of 2021 is that I landed a gig over at Medium.com that ended up leading to a year-long adventure. Shortly after publishing my last post on this site, I started following a publication on Medium called Promptly Written. As a prompt writer myself, I know just how helpful they can be. I found a couple of the author's prompts and wrote my brains out. It was magical.

By the end of December 2021, I had been added as an editor on the publication and started a weekly prompt post on January 1, 2022. Out of an entire year, I only missed one week and that's because of health issues. When Promptly Written took a hiatus, I gave the weekly prompts a new home. I've grown a decent following and am having the time of my life. I currently run four publications of my own and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon.

I've also published my second book of writing prompts. It's called Promptly Questioned: 300 questions for the fiction writer to answer. I've published this book through Gumroad.com rather than Amazon. I have to admit that I wasn't happy with Amazon and have even taken my first book off their site. As soon as I clear the 90-day mark, I'll be adding it to Gumroad as well. 

I have completely revamped my personal blog, Graves Publications. A year ago, I had seven different blogs all running at the same time. I was having a great time with it, but quickly got burned out trying to keep up with all of them. One day, I'd had enough and I shut them all down. Completely! It didn't last long, however. I decided to bring my main site back and just added all my sub-blogs to it. Now, rather than trying to add a new post for each site, I can just do one or two a month and still keep my blog updated on a regular basis. 

I've just launched a bi-monthly newsletter for writers. It's called Graves Publications News and covers all kinds of things. I talk about some of the things I've written here, on Medium, and at Graves Publications. I talk about other writing sites, such as book depositories, publishers, book bloggers, graphic designers, and more. I also add links to online publications that are accepting submissions. At some point, I may start offering ad space, but that's something to look forward to in the future.

Now, it's time for me to integrate this blog into the mix. After all, this site is technically part of the Graves Publications catalog. I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to do, but I have a couple of ideas. I've thought about making this a site dedicated to all things fantasy. Sites, books, graphic artists, and whatever else I can find that I think fits in this category. And as far as I'm concerned, that's an awfully big category.

So, stick around and see where we take this site. I won't make any promises, but I've kept this site alive for more than 10 years, I'm not about to let it die now. 


~~~*~~~*~~~


Image by Vlad Min from Pixabay 



No comments:

Post a Comment