Promptly Questioned

Promptly Questioned
300 questions for the fiction writer to answer

Sunday, January 8, 2023

Shameless Self Promotion

 



I spend a lot of time on Twitter. It's where I find a lot of the sites I review for my blogs. I'm finding that the best way to find these sites is by visiting any #WriterLIft or #ShamelessSelfPromotion list. I have a really hard time promoting my own work, but as I watch others, I'm finding just how useful it could be.

I was raised to believe that you didn't boast about your own work. You gave credit to everyone else for the wonderful things they did, but you never brought attention to yourself. Even after I learned more about the online writing community, it's been horribly hard for me to say, "Hey, look at me. I did this and I want you all to see it." I know, not gonna help me in the long run. I get it and I'm working to fix it.

While cruising through Twitter this morning, I came across one of those #ShamelessSelfPromotion lists, started by a gentleman by the name of Danny Garvin, creator of the Paranormal Campfire Stories blog. I dig this guy's blog as it's filled with true stories of paranormal events that have happened to people from all over. I'm currently working on my own story to send to Danny. 

I decided to look through the list to see what kind of things other people were self-promoting. I wasn't surprised to see so many books, that's what it's all about. I did see a couple of websites that I can't wait to visit and a few other things I might look into a little further to either write about or to add to my newsletter. I'm always looking for new sites to add to the newsletter.

As I went along, I found another list created by author J.G. MacLeod. It's still all about #Self-Promotion, but there were a lot of different sites than the first list. I found a couple of sites that I'll be adding to my next newsletter coming out the 15th. I'm kind of excited. LOL

Yes, I added links to my stuff on those lists. It felt weird, but I did it. I posted a link to my newsletter on Danny's list and a link to my book of writing prompts on J.G.'s list. Will I get any hits from it? Maybe. But I'm actually more excited about how many new places I can find to talk about on my blogs. LOL. 

What about you? How do you self-promote? Leave me a comment and let me know. I might even come by and see your site. I'm always on the lookout for new sites. Yours could be next. 


~~~*~~~*~~~



Image by Gerd Altmann from Pixabay  


No comments:

Post a Comment