Sunday, September 29, 2024

Freewriting for Ideas

"Deep in Thought" by Christine Graves via NightCafe Studio

 

I'm so glad I found this blog once again. I like the idea of having a little space to just let my fingers dance across the keys and see what comes out. I've been working on trying to open up an online shop, but I keep distracting myself with details. I'm sabotaging myself, really. I do it all the time.

I've been using an AI generator to help me come up with ideas. I really like Gemini AI. It's helped me come up with some really cool ideas. Now, with that being said, I also have to admit that I don't like the idea of having AI write my pieces for me. Just doesn't feel right. As a writing prompt creator, I'm all for finding ideas to write about wherever you can find them. But to have an AI program write FOR ME? No, thank you.

In correlation with me opening up my own online shop, I'm also trying to revive my website, Collected Keepsakes. I've been trying to come up with ideas on the types of articles to write that has to do with collecting, collectibles, and collectors. Sounds easy, right? Wrong. It sucks. "Hey, get a niche site," they said. "It'll be fun," they said. "Oh, just go with what you know." I'm trying.

I've got to figure out how to combine my "collectibles" website with the idea of creativity. I've been in a very creative flow lately. Problem is that I'm trying to swing from writing a full-length novel, a short series of 30-minute reads, and keeping up my Medium sites, to trying to get stuff put together for my shop and getting the word out about it. My brain's turning to mush.

I've decided that I'm going to try and sell a few of the things I've got around my house. I have a whole jewelry box full of vintage Christmas brooches that I'll never wear. My mother collected them, so what better idea than to pass them along to other collectors and let something she thought of as beautiful, go to a new home. She would have loved that. I'll keep a few pieces that have special memories, but this is something she would have fully approved of.

I also have way more crafting supplies than I'll ever use. I get most of my crafting materials from second-hand stores, garage sales, and auctions. Plus, I used to work in a craft store and got 20% off everything, including clearance items. I may have gone a little overboard. That was 10 years ago and I still have totes and boxes full of stuff. Time to let some of it go. 

Maybe if I work on doing a specific post each week. I thought of doing a "Pinterest Find of the Week" and talk about finding ideas on how to make your own collectibles. I'll have to think on that a little deeper. I can show off crochet items, sewing projects, tips on making miniatures, or do a spotlight on different websites. Yeah, I'll have to think about that one.

I have a lot of ideas, but nothing solid. I do know that it's never going to happen unless I just do it. Stop coming up with reasons why I can't and just do it. Stop whining about not getting it done and fix it. I'm the only one standing in my way.

Okay, I'm done for now. I'm so happy I found my little blog again. It's not the blog I thought it would be when I started it 14 years ago, but it's still here. I'm still here.

Until next time,
Stay creative!!!

~~~~~~~~~

Christine Graves has been writing online for nearly 30 years. She has written everything from fiction and poetry to reviews and ad campaigns. She runs two blogs, Graves Publications and Collected Keepsakes. She currently write for a platform called Medium.com and runs several publications through them. 

Christine is also an avid collector of vintage anything and an arts-and-crafts kinda gal. She is a sucker for a garage/yard sale, secondhand stores, and auctions. Because of this, she's in the process of opening up her first real online shop called Prairied Treasures



No comments:

Post a Comment