Sunday, September 22, 2024

Asserting Dominance Over My Dream

"Bucket List Book" by Christine Graves via NightCafe Studio

 

Don't you just hate it when someone hasn't touched their blog for over a year then just out of the blue, they're like "Surprise, I'm back." Me too, but here I am.

I think I pop into this place every now and then simply to make sure it's still here. I don't know why I care, as you can see I don't touch it on a regular basis. But I like knowing that if I need a place to just write something...anything...I can do it here. 

The sad part is that once I get this all done, I have to reteach myself how to put in the image and all the other stuff that makes it pretty once it's done. Weirdo. 

I'm thinking of using this spot as my freewrite space. I know I've said that before, but I do like the freedom of my Blogger space. It's here and no one knows me. If y'all run across this by accident, stop in and have a cuppa joe. 

I've got a lot of things going on in my head these days. Since I'm no longer married, I spend a lot of time alone. So, what does an old, single woman do when she's all alone? Well, she writes of course. Silly, what were you thinking???

I'm working on a 30-minute read series I'm going to publish on Amazon Kindle in the next few days. Well, the first installment will be. I'm kind of excited about it, and kind of nervous. I'm not sure why, I just am.

I'm also in the process of writing my first full-length book. It's taken me almost 2 years and I'm still not done with it. It's called The Pin-Up Girl Murders and it started out similar to a Kindle Vella but I was publishing it on Medium. I've got a nice little following so hopefully it will do me some good.

Now that I'm on my own, I don't have to worry about someone telling me that they don't want me spending all my time writing online...or at all. I've always wanted to be a writer, but someone has always tried to stop me. My first husband would tell me it was a stupid dream and I needed to spend my time taking care of him and the kids. Husband #2 got it in his head that I was doing things online that were immoral. And all I was doing was trying to make a little extra money doing what I loved. Assholes.

I need to get it out of my head that I'm not good enough to do this. I need to remember that this is the dream I've had since I was a kid. I didn't want to be a doctor or a lawyer. I didn't want to be a model or a movie star. I wanted to be a writer. Well, I wanted to be an archaeologist too, but writing was my first love.

I'm hoping that if I get back into this whole blogging thing, I'll get my flow back. I walked away from writing altogether for 6 years. I've spend the past 6 years getting my groove back. Now, it's time to take it to the next level. I have to do this. I'm the only one standing in my way now.

This will be my "I need to get my fingers and my mind limbered up" space. I'll throw in a free write, maybe post about some random shit I find interesting online, probably talk about ancient history and that kind of thing as well. 

I don't know what I'll do in the meantime, but I'm going to be a writer. A paid, dyed-in-the-wool writer. You watch. 

Let's get this party started.

No comments:

Post a Comment