Promptly Questioned

Promptly Questioned
300 questions for the fiction writer to answer

Monday, May 31, 2021

Battle at Sea

 



As the battle raged, neither side noticed the skies above. A blackened wall hid the sun, while violent winds tore the sails.

I fell into the waters below, a barrel my only hope. Men screamed between cracks of thunder, as a wall of water shoved me beneath the waves. I’d no air to breathe, light to see, nor chance to fight. Then...silence. 

I emerged once more, the barrel my saving grace. The sky was clear, the waters calm, the Armada, gone. I was alone, drifting with the currents toward land.

That was the day the sea ended the war.


~~~*~~~*~~~

The above story is the product of a writing prompt (SEA) given by Quill and Crow Publishing House. They have a different prompt listed in their June Prompt List for each day of the month. Though they offer these as poetry prompts, I wanted to do something a little different. I've opted to create microfiction pieces of exactly 100 words.

I won't promise to have each one up each day, but I'm going to do my best. Anything to keep writing. I hope you enjoy.

~~~*~~~*~~~

Image by Gordon Johnson from Pixabay






No comments:

Post a Comment