Promptly Questioned

Promptly Questioned
300 questions for the fiction writer to answer

Friday, April 16, 2021

Forever



I stand on the bank of the river, watching a lone boat sail out to deeper water. I know I should be heartbroken, but instead, I only feel relief. 

I met Carson just a few weeks ago. He was a new recruit on one of the fishing boats and was ready to be back on dry land. He’d come into my bar in need of a hot meal and a stiff drink. The mere sight of him took my breath away. 


I took him home that very first night. There was just something about him that ignited my passions. The heat that flamed between us was more than intense. It was solar.


I came alive at the feel of his muscled chest against my bare skin. I longed for the grasp of his hands around my hips. My pouty lips danced along the curve of his neck. My body exploded in waves of inhibition with every primal thrust. He brought the animal in me to life.


For weeks, our bodies were entwined in a dance of unbridled passion. We studied each other’s movements. We embraced each other’s fantasies. We became each other’s desire. We achieved carnal perfection. 


When it came time for him to head back out to sea, he promised to return. He pulled a box out of his pocket and handed it to me. I opened it to find a beautiful, gold ring. I giggled in delight as he slipped the ring onto my finger. Tears of joy trailed down my face as I knew he would be mine forever


“I love you,” he said as he leaned in for a deep kiss. 


I felt the heat between us rising once again. My body came alive as his tongue ran the length of my neck. He pulled my blouse over my head, his fingers delighting the curves of my chest. I loosened his belt to free his pulsating manhood. I held him in my grip, bringing him to full attention.


He flipped me onto my back, lifting my skirt above my waist. I felt every inch of him enter my dampened domain. My muscles pulled him in deeper with each labored breath.


“I love you,” he said once again in a rhythmic tone. “I love you, forever.”


The words took hold of me and I could no longer control my surge. I pulled myself to him. Our bodies rocking in perfect unison. I wrapped my arms around his neck, my legs around his waist, drawing him in closer as we both began to rise. 


I could feel his rhythm quicken as euphoric grunts escaped his lips. I kissed his neck, my tongue as hard as him. I felt his racing pulse beneath my lips and contracting muscles against my own. 


Harder, faster. Our bodies clenched in perfect unison. He thrust himself deeper one more time, an animalistic growl emitting from his throat. I pulled him in closer, my tightening muscles refusing to release. 


I wrapped my lips around his throat one last time, sinking my teeth in as hard as I could. I drained his very essence from opposite ends, filling my soul with eternal fire, ensuring that he’d be mine forever.


Now, I stand on the bank of the river, watching that lone boat sail back out to deeper waters. They’ll be long gone before the husk of what was once a man, is found below decks. 


I head back to my bar and prepare for the day. I open the safe in the office and pull out a little box. I remove the ring and place it in the box, along with all the others. 


And he will be mine...forever.


~~~*~~~*~~~


I wrote this based on a writing prompt I created. I've been playing around with a Random Word Generator and came up with the words HEAT, RING, and SAIL. This story came out of that.



Image by StockSnap from Pixabay




No comments:

Post a Comment