Promptly Questioned

Promptly Questioned
300 questions for the fiction writer to answer

Sunday, June 7, 2020

Teaching Myself to do a Newsletter



Image by Gerd Altmann from Pixabay 



So I'm about to embark on a whole new writing endeavor. I'm about to work on putting together a newsletter for one of my publications at Medium.com. The problem is that I'm not sure what I'm doing and I've got myself kind of freaked out over it.

I did a newsletter many, many years ago for another website I ran. But that was back in the day when everything was text-based and not so much visual-based. The good thing is that I don't think Medium newsletters are set up for images, so that's one good thing.

My fear is that I won't have anything interesting to say. I've got a few ideas, but my inner critic keeps telling me that I'm an idiot and no one is going to want to read it. I know I'm just psyching myself out, but every time I get set to write, nothing comes out.

The site I'm going to do the newsletter for is Enticing the Muse. It's a site to provide writing prompts for other writers, but I'm feeling stale. I need to get a new post up on the site before I do a newsletter inviting people to stop by and see what I've got going.

I have a few ideas for the newsletter, including adding links to a few of my other works, a section for Must See publications, and a Meet the Author page. I think that would be a great thing to do for the many writers who've helped me along my Medium journey.

The sad part is that I can't post anything about this site or any of my outside Medium writings. Totally bums me out, but I'll figure something else out. I can still post about anything or anyone I like here. Maybe I'll start doing author bios and book reviews here. We'll see. I do want to give a shout out to the many men and women out there that have made me the writer I am today.

So, here I go. Off to try and put together a newsletter, though I'm not at all sure about how to do it. Wish me luck. Got any ideas? I'm all ears. I would love to see some ideas. Leave them in the comments. I'll be forever grateful.


Until next time,
Happy writing.



~~*~~*~~


© Christine Graves 2020



No comments:

Post a Comment