Promptly Questioned

Promptly Questioned
300 questions for the fiction writer to answer

Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Overcoming a Writing Roadblock


Image by Al Seeger from Pixabay



So, there I am. All set to take on the blogging world once more. Though it has been nearly 10 years since I was at this point, I felt like a kid in a candy store. I've gotten most of my older blogs updated, I have everything in place and I'm ready to really let the outside world inside my own. Then, the Universe threw me another curveball. 

One of my favorite blogs, Para-Mythic, seems to be missing the ability to allow comments. For me, that sucks. The one thing I'd really like to see my blogs do is to bring in real comments from real people. This site and Collected Keepsakes, my other 2 blogs, are both ready for comments. I haven't gotten any, but that's okay. At least I know it's there if it ever happens. 

I've tried changing the blog theme, removed all ads (still waiting for Google to approve the site, even though it used to have ads on it before I revamped it). I've never messed with the code behind scenes. I used to be able to build a whole site with HTML, but this new code just has me baffled.

I've left a question in the Blogger community forum, but haven't gotten any responses as of yet. I've tried to submit a request to Blogger itself, but keep being sent to the community forum. So now I have a dilemma. I have to overcome another writing roadblock.

I really enjoy researching and writing about ancient history, unsolved mysteries, and world mythologies. There's some weird stuff out there. But I'd really love to hear from those out there who actually take the time to read my work. So, do I:

A.) Just keep posting on that site even though I can't get comments?

OR

B.) Create a new blog and start fresh? Yes, I've already created one, but it's not live. I don't have anything on the site yet, but it's there if I need it. Name secured. LOL (that took me over 2 hours to do).

It's something I really have to think about but I would love some suggestions. Please feel free to leave them in the comments. That would just make my day. (Why yes, I would love some cheese with my whine. Thanks for asking)

Here's to the future!!!

Happy Writing


*~~*~~*~~*

© Christine Graves 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment