Promptly Questioned

Promptly Questioned
300 questions for the fiction writer to answer

Monday, May 11, 2020

Recreating My Creation


Image by Artie_Navarre from Pixabay

Hello Boys and Girls,

Tis I, the Priestess herself. Yes, I'm popping back in here to see if I can't reinvent this silly little blog. I've been working hard the past couple of years to get my writing back on track and I think it's beginning to come together.

A couple of years ago, I began writing for an online platform called Medium.com. It's a great place to write as I can do fiction, non-fiction, or even poetry. Whatever comes into my hot little head. I've been having a ball. And it's been a soul-cleanser.

It does cost me $50 a year to be a member, but I get paid each month for what I write. Now granted, I'm not making a huge sum of money, but I am making enough to cover my annual costs. Sometimes, I even make more. It's awesome.

In the process, I've managed to meet some wonderful people and my networking skills are getting better. I'm writing for several different publications on the platform and have some real traffic coming in to read what it is that I have to write. Now it's time to take this whole thing to the next level.

So why am I back here? Because I can. I've had this blog for several years now and it's already set up and ready to go. I can pretty much post whatever I want here and if I get a couple new fans out of the deal, awesomesauce. Hell, one fan would make my day. LOL

I'm getting back into the groove. My writing doesn't feel forced much anymore and I've actually had a few people ask me for my opinion on how to keep up on their writing. Never had that happen before. Makes me feel as though I'm doing something for the good.

I can promise to do a regular post on this site, but I'm going to try. I'd like to see Priestess of Words become a place where writers feel welcome and can find some new stuff. Who knows what my little brain will come up with. I might even surprise myself.

Come on over and check out some of my works on Medium.com. I'd be honored if you did.

© Christine Graves 2020


No comments:

Post a Comment