Promptly Questioned

Promptly Questioned
300 questions for the fiction writer to answer

Friday, May 22, 2020

I Accidentally Became a Writer for a Medium Publication






Image by Republica from Pixabay


I think it's time I did a freewrite. I'm feeling a little clogged up and I need to free up some space. Much the way I did with my phone earlier. Way too many pictures and not enough storage space left over. Yep, that's what my mind feels likes right now.

So I think I may have accidentally got myself added as a writer at another publication on Medium. I'm thrilled about it, but I'm a little nervous about it at the same time. The publication is called Publishing Well and it's about the writing industry, tips on writing, ideas on writing, and so forth.

The editor has also decided to add sections for poetry, fiction, and creative non-fiction. I still have an issue with posting my poetry for others to read, but everyone I've met on Medium has been way more than kind. Hopefully, the editor at this pub will be as well.

I wasn't really expecting to be added as a writer. I messaged him through social media and asked him what his thoughts were on writing prompts. Those I know how to do. He messaged me back, said he'd looked through my profile portfolio, and liked what he'd seen that I've published in other publications. Holy crap, my writing spoke for itself. That's a happy dance moment.

So, I've been added as a writer. I'm thrilled and have already written and submitted my first piece for Publishing Well. There's no guarantee that it will be accepted, but I've got to at least try. I do have a real shot as it's a relatively new publication and in need of content. But, we'll see. I learned a long time ago not to count my chickens before they hatch.

See, this is why I love doing these freewrites. As soon as I stop overthinking everything, the words actually form into structured sentences. It's an amazing feeling. Try it. It's great.

Thanks for stopping by. You might be seeing more of these types of posts as they help me to focus. And who knows, they might help you as well. Maybe something I've had happen to me will spark something in you to write about. If so, let me know. I'd love to read about it.

© Christine Graves 2020


No comments:

Post a Comment